Migrating your plugins to dynamic plugins for Bamboo 3.3
In version 3.3, Bamboo now supports plugin installation with Atlassian Plugins 2.0 via the Plugin Manager. This guide shows you how to migrate to update your existing Plugins to support Plugins 2.0.
Updating your existing Plugin
Update the Bamboo product and data version
In your projects pom.xml make sure your plugin is using version 3.3 and data version 3.2.2
Remove the shade plugin declaration from pom.xml
Plugins 2.0 plugins automatically include all non-Bamboo dependencies in the plugin jar when packaged. In previous versions of Bamboo it was necessary to use the Maven Shade Plugin to include dependencies. This is no longer necessary.
Section to remove:
atlassian-plugin.xml with to use Plugins 2.0
atlassian-plugin.xml change the
plugins-version attribute value to 2.
Test the Plugin with Bamboo 3.3
After migrating Atlassian recommends testing the Plugin on the latest Bamboo 3.3 point release to ensure compatibility.
We suggest that you:
- Install the plugin via the Plugin Manager with Remote Agents attached.
- If your plugin extends the build subsystem ensure that the plugin functions correctly on Remote Agents
- Manually test and verify that the User Interface works (if any) in the browsers listed in the Bamboo Supported Platforms document.
Notes about the Plugin Exchange and Plugin Manager
To allow installation via the Atlassian Plugin Manager within Bamboo you will need to:
- Mark your plugin as "Deployable"
- Create a new version of your plugin that supports a minimum of Bamboo 3.3 and set the Plugin System version to TWO.