Atlassian Connect now supports the JWT Bearer token authorization grant type for OAuth 2.0 for JIRA and Confluence Cloud.
This allows add-ons with the
ACT_AS_USER Scope to access resources and perform actions in JIRA and Confluence on behalf of users.
This flow is "two-legged". At install time, the administrator authorizes the add-on to use this functionality, rather than individual requests needing authorization by specific users.
- Leverage existing user permissions to show only user's authorized content.
- Access user-specific data for data analytics.
- Perform actions as 'offline' users, e.g. add a comment in response to an email, as the sender of the email.
- Associate users across integrated systems to improve the user experience.
To get started:
- Check out the Atlassian Connect documentation.
- Questions or feedback please contact us via the new Ecosystem Developer Service Desk.