Jira Cloud Platform API Roadmap updates
The Jira Cloud Platform API Roadmap Trello board has been updated. Here are the initiatives that have been updated:
- Simpler authentication options - 3LO
- The documentation for OAuth 2.0 Authorization Code Grants (3LO) can be found here. Please note the info box at the top. We're now in beta which means you need to request permission to release your app. See the issue listed on the docs page for more information.
- Simple workflow validators and conditions
Coming up next
Take our survey on Developer Communications
Last year we learned a lot about how difficult it is in finding the latest information on new releases, EAPs, changes in cloud, etc. We’ve been working to change this and have made improvements in Developer Comms in the past year. However, there is still a lot of work to be done to make this the best it can be.
We want to see if we’re making things better and would love it if you can take our survey to let us know how we’re doing. The survey should take you 5-10 minutes depending on how much detail you provide (The more detail you can provide the more helpful it is for us).
AUI 8.0 Released
Wow, what a journey. 6 months ago, we started work on a major overhaul of AUI.
On November 28, we finally released AUI version 8.0.0!
In this version, we aimed to:
- Re-evaluate what you get “by default” when importing AUI.
- Remove dead and deprecated code.
- Upgrade external library dependencies.
- Make it easier to consume only the pieces of AUI that you need.
- It’s been a long time in the making, but we’re pretty happy with the end-result.
Jira Cloud REST API update
In order to ensure no potentially sensitive user data is exposed several endpoints previously deemed safe for use by anonymous users now have restricted access. Now when you perform an anonymous GET request on the following REST API endpoints:
A 401 will be returned if you request these endpoints anonymously.
Summit 2019 Registration is now live
Summit is back and bigger than ever at Mandalay Bay South Convention Center in Las Vegas, NV.
The world’s next best innovations will be built by teams like yours. This is why our mission is to help unleash the potential in every team and why we hold Summit year after year. We encourage you to join the team for our annual US event where you’ll be connected to the information and people you need. Here are just a few events you don’t want to miss out on:
Developer Day: April 8th, 2019
Developer Day brings new and seasoned Atlassian developers together for a full day of learning and networking. Join us and see what you can build on the Atlassian platform!
Partner Day: April 9th, 2019
Partner Day brings together Solution Partners, Marketplace vendors, Corporate Resellers, Training Partners, and Affiliates from around the world to gain the insights needed for a competitive edge.
Summit: April 9-11, 2019
Summit is an opportunity to get inspired, learn how to transform the way teams work, and witness Atlassian’s latest innovations first-hand. For a limited time, save $300 on your pass when you register today!
- Jira Service Desk Server 4.0 EAP 08
- Confluence Server 6.14 EAP
- Confluence Server 6.13.0 Released
- Jira Server Core & Software 7.13.0 & Jira Service Desk Server 3.16.0 released
Ecosystem Developer Help
As always, if you are seeking help in building your apps there are three avenues available to you.
If you seek help, mentoring, or support in building your app please head over to the Atlassian Developer Community where over 5800 developers and over 700 Atlassians are available to help out.
If you found a bug, want to raise a feature request, or report an app security incident with any of our APIs, SDKs, or app frameworks please open an issue over at the Atlassian Ecosystem Developer Service Desk.
Need Marketplace Vendor support, head over to the Atlassian Ecosystem Marketplace Vendor Support Desk.