Plugin Release Checklist
Each time you release a new version of a plugin, there are certain steps you should perform.
Creating the release
- Make sure your plugin's pom.xml is up-to-date. This includes accurate sections for:
- Parent POM — Make sure that the plugin is using the correct parent POM for the product and the most recent version of it.
- version — It should be
- scm — Source control repository locations.
- Run mvn release:prepare — This will update your pom.xml release numbers and make a new tag for the release.
- Run mvn release:perform — This will:
- Run tests
- Compiles code and package it
- Put the binary package in an appropriate Atlassian Maven Repository and your local Maven repository.
- Copy the created binary package from your target sub-directory to the project's
jarssub-directory (in SVN). Then schedule it for addition to SVN before finally committing the added resource.
Updating the plugin's project
#You'll need to release the current version of the project in JIRA and move any unfinished issues for the project to a later version. Here's how:
- Go to the project page in JIRA.
- Click on Administer Project.
- Under Versions, click on Manage versions.
- From this screen, choose "release" for the version that you just created. Make sure the date is correct, and move any remaining open issues to the next unreleased version.
- Update plugins documentation on on http://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/.
- Update the plugin's listing on http://plugins.atlassian.com
- Communicate about release (probably with a blog post and a post to the appropriate mailing list.)
Was this page helpful?