JIRA Core 7.2 EAP 01 (m01) release notes
30 May 2016
Atlassian is proud to present JIRA Core 7.2 EAP 01 (m01). This public development release is part of our Early Access Program (EAP) leading up to the official JIRA Core 7.2 release. We are making these EAP milestones publicly available so that developers can start assessing the impact of the changes that we are making.
Before you install/upgrade: Atlassian does not support upgrades both 'from' and 'to' EAP releases. EAP releases should not be used in production environments as they are not officially supported. For all production use and testing of JIRA, please use the latest official release instead.
We've improved the project experience by adding the project sidebar to more features that you use in the context of your project. For users, when you access a report you're now kept in the context of your sidebar, making navigating back to your project quick and easy.
For project administrators and JIRA administrators, we've changed the name of Project administration to Project settings, and we've also changed the layout and positioning:
- Accessing Project settings displays your Project settings menu while still displaying the project sidebar.
- Your project Details can now be accessed and edited in the context of your Project settings menu, and they now include Project category.
- Re-index project has been moved into the Project settings menu.
These changes will help JIRA administrators and Project administrators work more efficiently and effectively.
Components and Versions
We've streamlined how you manage components and versions in JIRA Core, and once you've created your first component or version, JIRA administrators and project administrators can manage components and versions directly from the project sidebar.
Onboarding changes and demo projects
We've revamped the onboarding for JIRA administrators, when you first log in and select your language and avatar, you're now presented with the options of creating a project, creating a project with demo data, or importing data from an external system. These options are also available to JIRA administrators after they've logged in for the first time:
- Create a new project by selecting Projects > Create project, and selecting a project template.
- Create a project with demo data by selecting Projects > Create project, and select the Create sample project link. Then follow the prompts.
- Import data from an external system by selecting > System, and select External System Import from the left hand menu.
Your users will also see a more streamlined onboarding, after selecting their language and avatar they can jump right in by looking for existing projects and issues. JIRA administrators can also create projects with sample data for users to look access, the contents of the sample data has been created to give people an overview of JIRA Core and it's features. Give it a try!
We don't support upgrading to or from EAP releases, and you should never use an EAP release in production. If you do intend to upgrade an instance to an EAP release, you should review all applicable upgrades notes for the production releases, and upgrade in the specified order: