Extend & integrate with Atlassian Connect
Build add-ons to customize your Atlassian products
You can use the Atlassian Connect framework to build add-ons for Atlassian applications like JIRA and Confluence. An add-on could be an integration with another existing service, new features for the Atlassian application, or even a new product that runs within the Atlassian application. You can also create add-ons for HipChat. To learn how, check out the HipChat add-on documentation.
Simply understood, Atlassian Connect add-ons are web applications. Connect add-ons operate remotely over HTTP and can be written with any programming language and web framework.
Fundamentally, Connect add-ons have three major capabilities:
- Insert content in certain defined places in the Atlassian application's UI.
- Make calls to the Atlassian application's REST API.
- Listen and respond to WebHooks fired by the Atlassian application.
Getting started with Connect documentation
Ready to build an add-on that makes your workday easier? Here are a few places to get started:
- Get initiated and build a Hello World add-on for JIRA
- Create a Node.js to display your JIRA projects
- Explore common Connect patterns
- Check out HipChat Connect documentation
Or cut to the chase, and try our interactive introduction to Connect. This introduction doesn't require any setup or prerequisites.