Bamboo 2.3 introduced the REST APIs.
The Bamboo REST APIs are for developers who want to integrate their application with Bamboo and for administrators who want to script interactions with the Bamboo server.
Introduction to Bamboo's REST APIs
Bamboo's REST APIs provide access to resources (data entities) via URI paths. To use a REST API, your application will make an HTTP request and parse the response. By default, the response format is XML. If you wish, you can request JSON instead of XML. Currently the HTTP GET method is the only method available in the Bamboo REST API.
Because the REST API is based on open standards, you can use any web development language to access the API.
A common use case would be a build service, which provides information about build results.
Bamboo's REST APIs provide the following capabilities:
- Retrieve a list of projects.
- Retrieve the plans for each project as well as plan details and available actions.
- Retrieve a specific plan as well as plan details and available actions.
- Retrieve the build results for a specific plan in a project.
- Retrieve the artifacts for a build.
- Retrieve all report type definitions as well as links to related images (for report types of specified parameters).
For full documentation of our rest APIs, take a look at the Bamboo REST API Documentation.
Then jump right in and try our REST resources:
- Read our guide to using the REST APIs.
- Find the REST resources you need in our REST resources reference guide.
Below are some links to in-depth information on development of REST APIs and plugins:
- Developing your own REST APIs for Bamboo: Bamboo uses the Atlassian REST plugin to implement the Bamboo APIs. The REST plugin is bundled with Bamboo. You can add your own REST APIs to Bamboo by creating a Bamboo plugin that includes the REST plugin module.
- Understanding the principles behind the Atlassian REST API design: You may be interested in the guidelines followed by the Atlassian developers who are designing REST APIs for Atlassian applications, including the Bamboo REST APIs.