Plugin Module Types
What is a Module Type?
Atlassian products each define a set of plugin points, where plugins can add functionality. Each module type provides functionality to a different plugin point. For example, the event system will send events to all the modules of type 'Event Listener' in all the plugins loaded by FishEye/Crucible.
Module Types Supported in FishEye/Crucible
- Downloadable Plugin Resources — If your plugin requires FishEye/Crucible to include additional static files such as images, you will need to use downloadable plugin resources to make them available.
- Event Listener Module Type — An event listener plugin module is an object which is notified when certain internal Crucible or FishEye events occur.
- Gadget Module Type — A Gadget module allows FishEye/Crucible to serve your gadget.xml file. See Gadget Development for more details on developing gadgets.
- Gutter Renderer Module Type — The Gutter Renderer plugin point allows you to display custom content in the margin of your source code view.
- REST Module Type — You can use the REST module type to expose services and data entities as REST APIs
- SCM Module Type — An SCM plugin module gives Crucible the ability to work with a custom version control system that is not supported out of the box.
- Servlet Module Type — Servlet plugin modules enable you to deploy Java servlets as a part of your plugins.
- Spring Component Module Type — Component plugin modules enable you to share Java components between other modules in your plugin and optionally with other plugins in the application.
- Web Item Module Type — Web UI plugin modules allow you to add links, tabs and sections of links to the FishEye user interface. By adding a link to a servlet plugin, you can add your own pages to the UI.
- Web Panel Module Type — Web Panel plugin modules allow you to add a string of HTML to particular points in the Fisheye user interface. By including a link to a servlet plugin, you can add your own pages to the UI.
- Workflow Condition Module Type — The Workflow Condition plugin point allows you to prevent review transition from happening depending on the conditions you've implemented.
- Downloadable Plugin Resources – resources you refer to directly in HTML your plugin serves, usually images.
You can also write a plugin to allow FishEye/Crucible to use other authentication methods. These do not use the Atlassian Plugins framework.
Writing Authentication Plugins.