Enhancing page metadata
Graphic elements required
- 16x16 brand or app icon to be displayed in the byline along with the text.
The byline extension lets apps provide users with further information about a page's metadata.
How should the interaction work?
- Users can find basic metadata in the byline, below the page title.
- If they then click on the app icon or insight text, an inline dialog will show further information or actions related to the app.
- The View more... button lets apps take the user to a dedicated view to see additional details or complete related actions.
Web items, inline dialogs, and modal dialogs can be used to build byline extensions.
- Use progressive disclosure in surfacing the metadata.