Atlassian Gadgets 2.0 and later.
This document assumes that you are familiar with (or have the documentation available for) writing gadgets and you have read Writing an Atlassian Gadget.
On this page:
Terminology: On this page and its child pages,
- View Helpers
- Automatic reloading of a gadget based on a time interval
- Automatic reloading of a gadget on browser window resize
- Automatic gadget resizing on browser window resize
- Parallel Ajax resource loading for the view
- Permission-based gadget configuration
- Configuration screen display on initial gadget load
- Complex configuration form building
- Validation of configuration
- Inline error display
- Saving of parameters
- Parallel Ajax resource loading for configuration form
- jQuery-style remoting
- A wrapper over
gadgets.io.makeRequestsupplying a cleaner and more common interface for Ajax calls
- A wrapper over
- Cookie storage
- Cookie storage and retrieval on a gadget by gadget basis
- Conversion of proxied remote calls into direct calls if possible
- Common styling
- Loading of screens, standard icons, common CSS
Using the Framework
These examples assume that you are familiar with the gadget XML format and Atlassian's customisations to it.
The lines of interest are:
- This constructs the gadget object and initialises it with the passed in options.
- The framework needs access to the base URL, so we pass it in. See Using Substitution Variables and Directives in your Gadget.
- This initialises the view.
- Gadget Object API
- Adding a Chart to the Issue Navigator
- Adding a Reload Option to your Gadget
- Adding Something to your Gadget Footer
- Adjusting the Gadget Height when the Window is Resized
- Making Ajax Calls
- Making your Gadget Reload when Resized
- Restricting Edit Permissions on your Gadget Preferences
- Showing the Config Screen on Initial Load Only
- Specifying Required Features for the Framework
- Specifying Required Resources for the Framework
- Theming your Gadget Dynamically
- Using Authentication in your Gadget
- Using Cookies in your Gadget
- Using Special UserPrefs for the Framework