Supported by the HipChat team
To help you get started, the HipChat team maintains 2 client frameworks which support App extensions. These frameworks make it easy to build an add-on without having to worry about the plumbing:
- Handling the add-on installation flow and storing OAuth information
- Decoding JWT tokens, as required by HipChat Views
- Sending HipChat Cards to a room
- Using the HipChat REST API
- Working with HipChat Glances, HipChat Dialog, HipChat Sidebar, HipChat Actions
Node.js: Atlassian Connect Express for HipChat
|Tutorial||Getting started with atlassian-connect-express (Node.js)|
Python: Atlassian Connect Flask for HipChat
Third party libraries
Not using Node or Python and not sure how to get started? These are libraries provided by third-party HipChat hackers to make using API v2 as easy as a function call:
- hipchat-go — Go client library for HipChat API v2
- hipchat-java — Java 8 Client for HipChat V2 API
- hipchat-api – Java implementation for the HipChat V2 API
- Atlassian Connect Koa for HipChat — Node.js library for writing HipChat Integrations with the Koa web framework
- HipChatter — Node.js wrapper for the HipChat API (v2)
- hipchat-client — A HipChat API Client for Node.js
- hipchat-room-message-APIv2 — This is a simple perl script that will use Hipchat's API v2 to message a room after passing in the room name, authentication token and a message.
- WebService-HipChat — This perl module provides bindings for the HipChat API v2
- HipchatAPIv2Client — PHP Client for HipChat V2 API
- Dach — Django Atlassian Connect for HipChat (Dach) is a Django application that simplify the development of an Atlassian HipCat addon.
- HypChat — A Python package for HipChat's v2 JSON REST API. It's based on v2's navigability and self-declaration.
- Hiplogging — With Hiplogging, you can keep using the standard python logging module, and have the important log messages in HipChat, where they might actually reach you.
- hipchat-rb — HTTP API Wrapper (plus Capistrano and Chef hooks)
- Hipchat-CS — An easy to use C# wrapper on the V2 Hipchat API
- hipchat_v2 — VB.NET example for sending a 1-on-1 message
- hipchat-scala — Scala interface for the HipChat v2 API
- Better HipChat Wordpress Plugin — A 3rd party plugin that supports V2 Room API tokens
Have a library or plugin that's not listed here? Let us know!
Was this page helpful?