- Release Date and Summary
- Highlights of this release
- Upgrade notes
- Deprecation announcements
- Patch Releases
Release Date and Summary
Release 2011.10.06: jQuery 1.6 upgrade, Experimental Page and Layout, Sandbox revamp
Highlights of this release
AUI Page and Layout components (experimental)
AUI 3.6 contains the experimental AUI Page and AUI layout components. To make use of these, require the dependency com.atlassian.auiplugin:aui-experimental-page-layout
NB: these are experimental components, which means they are unstable and to be used at own risk. For more information:
New Sandbox design
The Sandbox tool has grown in popularity and was due some UI love; plus it wasn't working correctly within the REFAPP. These problems have been addressed together.
You can now configure which element to automatically have focus when a Dialog is shown. Simply pass in a
focusSelector option to the Dialog constructor. For example:
Note that if no focus selector is configured, the Dialog will try and place focus on the first available input in the Dialog.
Nested Tabs no longer break
Although nesting tab sets is not recommended, they should no longer break if it occurs. The primary use case is for vertical tab sets inside page tabs; and to make the code more defensive.
Note that tabs will also be styled slightly differently if they are used immediately inside the Page component. See Page for details.
Disabled toolbar buttons
The disabled styles have been improved for Toolbar buttons - they should no longer look active on hover, click or focus. Note this is purely a style update - you will still need to manage the actual events you have assigned to the Toolbar triggers. You can combine the disable feature in the Dropdown component to stop dropdowns opening.
Recommended upgrade path
If you use jQuery in your application, you should step through all of the milestones (m1, m2, m3, final) to ensure you test the jQuery upgrades in isolation from AUI changes. m1 and m3 contain jQuery updates, m2 and final contain changes to AUI.
If you go straight to the final version and nothing breaks, all good - but if you get any breakage, ensure you go back test each milestone in isolation before raising bugs.
jQuery upgraded to 1.6, plus modification to AJS.bind
AUI 3.5 was released with a patched version of jQuery 1.5; AUI 3.6 moves to jQuery 1.6 which incorporates fixes for the patched issues.
A change in jQuery required a modification to AJS.bind (see changeset for details). This change should not require any work/updates for existing implementations using AJS.bind.
For testing, there are two possible steps:
- AUI 3.6-m1 contains jQuery 1.6.2 and the change to AJS.bind
- AUI 3.6-m3 contains jQuery 1.6.4
For details on changes in jQuery see jQuery's release announcements:
- jQuery 1.6 released
- jQuery 1.6.1 released
- jQuery 1.6.2 released
- jQuery 1.6.3 released
- jQuery 1.6.4 released
Probably of biggest concern is the change to .attr(). Note this was changed between 1.6.0 and 1.6.1 so read all the release notes (not just the 1.6.0 notes) before modifying your implementation.
Tab CSS selectors have changed
To stop nested tabs breaking, the CSS was changed to use child selectors. There are two things to check while upgrading:
- The change in selector weight means all tab CSS overrides should be reviewed.
- If you have overrides in place to enable tab nesting, you should be able to remove them.
AJS.cookie has been modified to produce RFC-compliant cookies. See AJS-655 and AJS-677 for details. While this is not expected to break any existing implementation, ensure you test any critical functionality which relies on cookies.
AJS.contextPath should no longer return
undefined instead of an empty string in certain cases. See AJS-709 for details. This is not expected to break any existing implementation.
Issuescom.atlassian.confluence.macro.MacroExecutionException: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
- AUI 3.6-m1 (released): contains only the jQuery upgrade and associated AJS.bind modification
- AUI 3.6-m2: contains a large number of fixes and changes; plus new experimental page and layout components
- AUI 3.6-m3: contains jQuery 1.6.2 to 1.6.4 upgrade only, isolated for testing
- AUI 3.6-m4/FINAL: (tagged m4, released as 3.6.0) contains final fixes and potentially a small change to disabled toolbar buttons
- 3.6.1 skipped
- AUI 3.6.2 Update to resolve resource loading problems. Upgrade from 3.6.0 recommended.
- AUI 3.6.3 SCM info update and changes to experimental Page and Layout components.
- AUI 3.6.4 Fixed context path transform to work with minification.
- AUI 3.6.5
- AUI 3.6.6 NB: this release does not support Firefox 3.6 as it is EOL within a few days; and a fix for 3.6 was breaking Firefox 11.