If you wish to change JIRA's behaviour by modifying the JSPs or Velocity templates, you can do so simply by changing files in the JIRA distribution. JIRA will pick up changes to its JSPs the next time that page is displayed: restarting isn't necessary. On the other hand, you will need to restart JIRA in order to see changes to the Velocity templates.
However, keep in mind that the next time you upgrade JIRA - or need a new installation for any reason - you will have to manually copy any changes you have made to the JSPs or tempates into the new installation of JIRA. If the JSPs or templates have changed in the newer version, you will have to port your customization into them.
- Adding Custom Fields to Email
- Adding Custom Field to Issue Summary
- Contents of the Velocity Context
- Creating a Custom Release Notes Template Containing Release Comments
- Customising interface based on user's role
- Customising JIRA Excel Output
- Customizing Text
- Mapping custom events to new email templates
- Velocity Context for Email Templates