Enabling JIRA Mobile Connect
JIRA Mobile Connect is comprised of both a plugin for JIRA and an SDK for your mobile app. This means that you will need access to a JIRA site with the JIRA Mobile Connect Plugin installed, as well as access to your mobile application code.
There are three steps required to enable JIRA Mobile Connect:
- Download the JIRA Mobile Connect SDK
- Enable the JIRA Mobile Connect plugin on your instance of JIRA
- Embed the JIRA Mobile Connect SDK within your mobile app
Below are the installation guides for both components.
Here is a quick video that shows you how to configure JIRA Mobile Connect. It assumes that you have already completed Steps 1 and 2 below.
Step 1. Downloading the JIRA Mobile Connect SDK
You can download the JIRA Mobile Connect SDK from: https://bitbucket.org/atlassian/jiraconnect-ios/get/tip.zip
Alternatively, you can clone the JIRA Mobile Connect SDK from Bitbucket:
(It's a Mercurial repository. New to Bitbucket? See Getting Started with Bitbucket.)
Step 2. Enabling the JIRA Mobile Connect plugin for your JIRA project
- Server Customers - Install the JIRA Mobile Connect plugin on your instance of JIRA by following these instructions. Note - Atlassian Cloud customers already have the JIRA Mobile Connect plugin installed on their instance of JIRA.
- Server Customers - Go to the
Settingssection within your project administration.
Cloud Customers - Go to the
Settingssection within your project administration. This may be located under the
Enablenext to JIRA Mobile Connect. The following screen will display with your instance URL and project details, which you will be embedding in your app to connect back to JIRA:
Now JIRA is set up and ready to receive feedback from JIRA Mobile Connect. Next step is to embed the JIRA Mobile Connect SDK in your app.
Step 3. Embedding the JIRA Mobile Connect SDK in your mobile app
Follow the instructions for your respective operating system:
- iOS SDK
- Android SDK – coming soon!
Please raise any issues and feature requests in our issue tracker for the JIRA Mobile Connect SDK: http://connect.onjira.com/browse/CONNECT
If you have any questions about JIRA Mobile Connect, please raise them on Atlassian Answers.