Welcome to the Atlassian Developer Documentation. Using the Atlassian plugin software developer kit (SDK), you can create add-ons to extend Atlassian applications like JIRA, Confluence, Stash and Bamboo. Using the SDK in combination with Atlassian Connect allows you to do this in our Cloud applications, also including HipChat and Bamboo.
We also offer a number of infrastructure tools to help you create, market and sell your plugins. For example, thousands of customers visit the Atlassian Marketplace and the Atlassian Marketplace in-product every day, to find plugins they may want to install.
Get started with the Atlassian Plugin SDK
- Install the SDK and create a project
- Writing and running plugin tests
- Frequently used SDK commands
- Writing your first plugin FAQ
- Creating an Admin Configuration Form
- Getting Started with Active Objects
- Developing a REST Service Plugin
- Scheduling Events via SAL Tutorial
Learn about the common application platform
- Platform architecture (Atlassian Platform Common Components)
- Shared Access Layer (SAL) Documentation
- OSGi, Spring and the Plugin Framework
- Atlassian JavaDoc
Common development tasks and popular pages
- Storing plugin settings
- Internationalising your plugin
- Using Standard Page Decorators
- Adding WebSudo Support to your Plugin
- REST API Developer Documentation
- Atlassian Maven Repositories
For previous versions of the documentation, see the developer documentation archives.