Developing for the Marketplace
If you publish your add-ons in the Marketplace, Atlassian customers can also access them inside their host application, via the Universal Plugin Manager. Inside their host application like JIRA or Confluence, customers can find new add-ons to buy and install; as well as manage and upgrade existing add-ons.
For now, Atlassian products have three possible modes of deployment; two of which are locally-hosted by customers. Server-product development documentation provides general information on developing add-ons, and we also have documentation for Data Center add-on development. This section houses documentation specific to Marketplace development, like adding marketing resources or watching and rating controls.
Included in this section
- Plugin metadata files used by UPM and Marketplace
- Referencing visual assets in your add-on JAR
- Adding watching and rating controls
- Automatic Atlassian Connect add-on polling & versioning
- Data Center add-on development
- Marketplace API