This documentation explains how the Atlassian Marketplace works. You can find topics and tutorials on branding, selling, and licensing your add-on.
What's the Marketplace? Why use it?
The Marketplace is an easy way for you to distribute and sell your add-ons for Atlassian products. List your add-on as paid-via-Atlassian and get all kinds of perks:
- Access to our huge customer base.
Customers are already using Atlassian host products. All customers using our products are routed to the Marketplace when they look for an add-on.
- Customers can try or buy, right from their product instance.
Your add-on is accessible for installation, trial, and purchase inside our product instances via the Universal Plugin Manager (UPM).
- Use our licensing support.
Let customers pay for your add-on via Atlassian, and you can use our Marketplace licensing support. Simpler for you, profit for all of us. We simplify licensing and store information at my.atlassian.com.
- We'll handle checkout.
Your paid-via-Atlassian add-on is purchasable through our shopping cart system. We'll help you set pricing, and you can forget about the rest.
- Make money.
Our model is similar to other app stores. You receive 75% of the revenue your add-on sales and Atlassian receives 25%. Atlassian uses the shared add-on sale revenue to run the Atlassian Marketplace and to reinvest in our development ecosystem.
- We tell your customers when you release new versions.
We tell customers when there are upgrade or update opportunities for your add-on, right inside their Atlassian host product.
- It's in our best interest to help you profit, and vice versa. Access to solid add-ons helps market our products, and our flexible products help market your add-ons.
Other payment models
In the Marketplace, we welcome free add-ons, open-source add-ons, or add-ons sold directly by vendors. This means you can offer free add-ons, or add-ons that use your own checkout and licensing system. However, using different payment models means you have access to varying perks of the Marketplace:
- Paid via Atlassian. Customers buy your add-on in the Marketplace, and you get the perks mentioned above. Your customers use the same EULA language that applies to our own customers. You license your add-on using the Atlassian Licensing APIs and you must agree to our Atlassian Marketplace Vendor Agreement.
- Paid via Vendor. Customers purchase your add-on through your private, external website. You determine what kind of licensing agreements that apply. You're responsible for all the systems for licensing, collecting, and reporting sales data.
- Free. Customers can install your add-on for free. You're responsible for all supporting systems.
Listing an add-on in the Marketplace means you agree to the Marketplace Vendor Agreement. This agreement is between Atlassian and you as a vendor.