Add a cloud version of your existing server add-on
If you already offer a Server add-on and you're listing the Cloud version of the same add-on, you should list them together (the inverse is also true). Each listing on Marketplace allows you to combine Server and Cloud versions with the same or different assets. This takes advantage of the SEO, ratings and reviews of your existing listing. Your combined listing also looks more complete because both "Server" and "Cloud" models the listing display an available product.
To list your Server and Cloud add-on together, go to your current listing (i.e., Server) and click "Add Version", then submit your opposite deployment (i.e., Cloud) version. You must use the same plugin key for both add-on types.
Add the Atlassian plugin licensing API to your add-on
Licensing controls let customers access your add-on from their Atlassian host product. Paid-via-Atlassian add-ons include the Atlassian plugin licensing API in order to be listed in the Marketplace.
Create your vendor profile in the Marketplace
Every add-on is associated with a vendor profile. A vendor profile is a business entity, like Adaptivist or John Smith. Your add-on code references your vendor name, which is displayed to end users in the UPM and in the Marketplace. You can create a vendor profile from scratch on the Atlassian Marketplace or you can associate yourself with an existing vendor.
- Visit https://marketplace.atlassian.com/
- Click Login.
- Log in with your Atlassian account credentials or create your account using your email address.
- Click your profile icon in the header and then click Manage vendor account.
- Register your organization and contact details.
- Click Create vendor.
Prepare your branding & marketing materials
Looks count when it comes to selling add-ons. Atlassian requires that your add-on have the required branding materials. Some of these materials you place with your source code in your add-on JAR. Other materials you upload on the submission form when when you list your add-on.
- Assemble required branding materials.
Check out our branding requirements here.
- Include your branding assets with your JAR or add-on source code.
Learn how to declare branding assets with your JAR.
- Include your vendor name, add-on description, and version information.
See how to reference information in the
pom.xmland descriptor file.
Test your work
Test your add-on in the Atlassian product or products that your add-on works with.
- Verify that licensing works with extra Timebomb Licenses for Testing.
- Ensure that your add-on adheres to all the Marketplace approval guidelines.
Submit your add-on for approval
Now you can submit your add-on for approval from the Marketplace team.
- Log into the Atlassian Marketplace.
Click Login from https://marketplace.atlassian.com/.
Ensure you log into the vendor profile you created in step 2.
- Click your profile icon in the header and then click Create add-on.
- Fill out the submission form, following onscreen instructions.
- Accept the Atlassian Marketplace Vendor Agreement.
- Submit your add-on for approval.
For paid-via-Atlassian add-ons, supply your bank account details to receive remittances. This includes your bank name, address, account numbers, tax ID, and other information.
- We'll email you to let you know when your add-on is approved!
You can expect a response in 3-5 business days.
Market your add-on
After you receive approval from Atlassian, we recommend double-checking your add-on details page.
- Review your listing and make sure everything looks like you expected.
- Ensure you can install your add-on from the Marketplace, and that links and functionality are intact.
- Double-check that your vendor profile financial information is complete and correct.
- Promote your add-on and make the most of marketing.
Our systems record each add-on evaluation or trial of your add-on. As these evaluations progress, our automated system sends emails to remind customers that their evaluation ends soon. These emails also prompt users to purchase a full license. Then, watch the Atlassian system work for you via automated reports. These reports provide daily and monthly sales and license reports.
- Read up on sales and renewals for paid-via-Atlassian listings.
- View your reports for paid-via-Atlassian Listings.